Jeff Bartos, who declared his 2022 candidacy for the US Senate from Pennsylvania, is a lifelong resident of Pennsylvania and grew up in Berks County; he is now a Montgomery County resident. He earned his law degree from the University of Virginia School of Law in 1997 and received his undergraduate degree from Emory University in 1994.
Currently, he is serving as President of ESB Holdings LLC, a two-person company in operation for 11 years. Prior to this, he served as President and CEO at Mark Group, Inc., which is a leading provider of energy efficiency services for residential, utility and commercial customers. He worked on the North American operations of Mark Group’s global energy efficiency business with a contracting business there and several real estate acquisition and development companies in the Greater Philadelphia market. Before joining Mark Group, he served as a senior executive at Toll Brothers, Inc, the country’s largest luxury homebuilder. There, he managed land acquisition and entitlements, and home-building operations in southeastern PA. He also served on the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts Board, the Development Committee of Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, The Board of Jewish Federation Real Estate and the Advisory Board of Snider Hockey. He was proposed to serve as the Pennsylvania Republican Party Finance Committee Chairman in August, 2019.
He and his wife, Sheryl, have two daughters, Emily and Sarah.
Mr. Bartos ran for Pennsylvania Lt. Governor on a joint ticket with governor candidate Scott Wagner in 2018, but lost in the general election.
He attributes his dedication for helping others to his father, who taught him that when others need help, you do exactly that. So when the pandemic hit, and Pennsylvania’s small business owners were locked down by the current PA administration, Mr. Bartos and three additional businessmen started Pennsylvania 30 Day Fund, a non-profit organization that came to the aid of small Pennsylvania business owners by giving forgivable loans to those businesses. Through his PA 30 Day Fund work, he helped to raise over $3 million that enabled over a thousand businesses in all 67 Pennsylvania counties to stay afloat, and, by doing so, saved many thousands of Pennsylvania jobs. Additionally, through that Fund, Jeff was instrumental in the start of the Barstool Fund, responsible for raising over $22 million that is helping to save small businesses throughout the entire country.
Mr. Bartos has very strong opinions and intentions for the state of Pennsylvania and plans to:
- Crack down on illegal immigration by securing the border with technology and physical barriers and insuring that our immigration system is rooted in the rule of law. With drones and the use of natural environmental features such as mountains and rivers, he plans to secure our southern border to protect against coyotes who exploit human trafficking, drugs that poison Americans, and terrorists who are working to destroy our cities and way of life. Additionally, he will ensure that sanctuary cities that have proven deadly for law-abiding citizens will not see tax dollars from the federal government.
- Beat China by holding it accountable for its role in covid 19 and protecting American jobs as it positions itself as a global leader. Additionally, China steals American intellectual property daily, and he will prosecute any foreign entity that is found to steal IP from America. He will work to ensure that human rights violating countries such as China are not rewarded with the Olympics.
- Fight for safety and security for communities by working to fully fund our police departments to keep our communities safe. As a gun owner since age 21 when his father gave him a Glock-21, he will fight against those who want to take away guns and enable Americans to protect themselves lawfully. Additionally, the opioid epidemic has devastated families and communities and he will fight for more funding for recovery programs.
- Ensure secure elections and make it impossible to cheat! Without input from the legislature, the Democrat-appointed Pennsylvania Secretary of State decided to essentially change Election Day. GOP observers were removed from the room in Philadelphia where the recount was taking place. Mr. Bartos believes we need to restore faith in the “impartiality, fairness and security of our elections.” He also believes everyone should have to present a photo ID – this is no more than what has to happen in hotels and in airports.
- Support economic prosperity in multiple ways. First, by cutting spending in Washington and burdensome regulations. Secondly, Mr. Bartos will work to lower the corporate tax rate so that businesses and their jobs will stay here at home. By doing this, Pennsylvania can attract good businesses and jobs and keep them here. But it does not stop at policies that encourage business development. Thirdly, Mr. Bartos will protect our farmers by turning around the Democrats’ pursuit of an increase in the inheritance tax. Fourth, he has heard peoples’ concerns over the dramatic increase in price at the gas pumps and will protect the energy industry by working to invest in pipeline infrastructure here in PA. Finally, he will work to fight any attempts to institute a federal vaccine mandate, which are killing small businesses.
- Abortion is an issue on which Mr. Bartos reports he is Pro-Life. Per Ryan Demara, his Political Director, Bartos states that he “knows life begins at conception, supports the overturn of Roe v. Wade, and opposes federal funding for Planned Parenthood. In 2018, he was proud to be supported by the PA Pro-Life Federation. He looks forward to voting to confirm Pro-Life judges as a United States Senator.”
Information from “Bartos State of the Race” website and “Meet Jeff Bartos”. An email was sent to Mr. Bartos and a response was received from Ryan Demara, his Political Director.