So many opinions about the current election… like my old Chief used to tell us back in the day:
“The Military is nothing more than a microcosm of society”
Turns out that veterans are too.
At the time, I really didn’t know what a microcosm was. I could see it all around me but I had not been to college yet and we didn’t have the internet to conveniently look stuff up.
Here is the definition from Bing: a community, place, or situation regarded as encapsulating in miniature the characteristic qualities or features of something much larger.
In other words, we are all going to see things a little differently. One reviewer wanted to remind me that we all don’t think the same way about the current situation. I would have to agree. All of us are influenced by the media we choose to associate ourselves with and the people in our direct sphere of influence. I identify as a conservative and always have. I typically vote Republican because I find it nearly impossible to vote for people who do not agree with my point of view. I have watched a lot of Fox news but lately find it less and less attractive since they are too anxious to let people in that are left leaning if not outright slanted in their views. Thankfully new outlets like Newsmax and OAN are around so I have choices once more.
One of the suggestions I had yesterday was to stop watching Fox and view the alphabet networks.
I do try from time to time to watch them but their bitterness and anger are too hard for me to endure for more than a few minutes. The bias in all of the main stream media has been documented so many times in other places, it would be a waste of time for me to repeat it. I am actually glad for alternative sources of news. I am old enough to remember that we were all victims of a press that stayed in lockstep during the Vietnam era and routinely tried to use their “news” to influence public opinion. In this day and age, they don’t even try and hide it. So I do understand that people who only use the MSM as their soul source of information would be of a certain mind. That is how brainwashing works.
Rather than point out the obvious failures of 47 years with old Joe, I want to point out some things that have actually benefited the veterans community under President Trump.
TRIGGER ALERT – if your only source of news is the MSM, none of this will be familiar to you.
Do not try and adjust your dials. All of these points are factual and can be verified despite what Old Joe has told you.
There are five key areas that come to mind:
Healthcare and benefits
Reforming the VA
Restoring Military Strength
Ending Endless Wars
First up is Healthcare and benefits
- President Trump is keeping America’s commitment to our veterans by ensuring they receive the quality healthcare they deserve
- President Trump secured $86.5 billion in funding for the Department of Veterans Affairs, the most funding in history for the VA.
- President Trump signed the historic VA MISSION Act, which:
- Revolutionizes the VA health care system by increasing choice and raising the standard of care for our veterans.
- Expands access to walk-in community clinics that offer immediate, local care.
- President Trump expanded access to telehealth services for Veterans, including those in the VA’s “Anywhere to Anywhere” program.
- The Trump Administration created a White House VA Hotline, which is primarily staffed by veterans and direct family members of veterans.
- The VA Hotline has answered more than 250,000 calls and 94% of cases from these calls have been resolved.
- President Trump is fighting to address the crisis of Veteran suicide in America by delivering help and mental healthcare to veterans that need it.
- President Trump ordered the formation of the PREVENTS Initiative, a task force that is creating a roadmap to prevent veteran suicide.
- President Trump supports health care policies to protect patients with pre-existing health conditions and diseases. (regardless of what you may have seen on the many false TV ads put up by the PACs)
Reforming the VA
- President Trump signed legislation making it easier to remove senior VA executives, increase accountability for VA staff, and give new protection to whistleblowers.
- In the first 22 months of the President’s Administration, more than 4,300 VA employees were removed, demoted, and suspended.
- President Trump ordered the creation of the Office of Accountability and Whistleblower Protection at the VA.
- President Trump signed legislation to modernize the claims and appeal process at the VA.
- Last year, the VA reviewed a record 81,000 appeals decisions.
- The Trump Administration is increasing transparency and accountability at the VA by launching an online “Access and Quality Tool,” providing veterans with access to wait time and quality of care data.
- The Trump Administration is working to modernize the VA’s medical records to the same system used by the Department of Defense.
- President Trump enhanced educational benefits for veterans, service members, and their families by signing the “Forever GI Bill.”
- This legislation lifted a 15-year limit on veterans’ access to their educational benefits.
- President Trump signed a presidential memorandum that ensures our totally and permanently disabled veterans obtain the federal student loan debt discharges they are entitled.
Restoring Military Strength
- Under President Trump’s leadership, Congress passed two historic National Defense Authorization Acts (NDAA), which allocates nearly $1.5 trillion combined to the military.
- The FY2019 NDAA included a 2.6% military pay raise, the largest in 9 years.
Ending endless wars
- Since day one, President Trump has been extremely clear in his goal of getting America out of endless conflicts around the world.
- President Trump has worked to reach diplomatic solutions to the situation in northeast Syria, while keeping American troops out of harm’s way.
- Due to President Trump’s Leadership, America will not engage in an endless conflict in Syria that could potentially cost our nation thousands of brave soldiers.
- (Examine the Biden Strategy… they propose increasing the Syrian presence)
- Under President Trump’s leadership, the US and the Taliban signed an “agreement for bringing peace” to Afghanistan after more than 19 years of conflict.
- For the first time in our lifetimes, there is real progress in the Middle East
I remember the empty shell of a military that existed when President Carter was in charge. Ships could not go to sea for lack of maintenance and men. The same scenarios happened under Clinton and Obama Biden. Social engineering trumped national defense nearly every time. And the record of the VA during these dismal times is still a national stain. Spare me your moral outrage about what President Trump may or may not have said. I will remain focused on what he has done for the country and the community I love so much: Our Military and Veterans.
Donald J. Trump is not a politician. But I have seen enough of the lack of progress made by professional politicians to know which I really prefer to get the job done. Joe and his fellow career politicians had 47 years to get this right. I wonder how many veterans that were blocked from the care they earned died while they were waiting under Joe’s leadership?